THE SUNSHINE BAND
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- To begin the process of developing and exposing children to God and His Son Jesus Christ.
- To teach and train children in the Word of God building a strong spiritual foundation for them to grow.
- To encourage children to live lives that are Holy and acceptable to God at home, at school, at play, at Church and in the neighborhood.
The Sunshine Band is an auxiliary of the Women's Department of the Church of God in Christ. It is one of the oldest auxiliaries of the Church and was organized by the Founder, Bishop Charles H. Mason. The main objective of the Sunshine Band is to provide spiritual training for the children. The First International Sunshine Band President was Mother Lydia Hinsley. Upon her death the torch was passed to her granddaughter, Dr. Lytia R. Howard. Dr. Howard served until November 2014 and the torch was passed to Evangelist Leslie Pace, who is the current president.
- Our primary objective is to reach, teach and to present the "Message of Salvation" to our children so they will receive Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- In Bible study, music, dramatic activities, arts and crafts, field trips, and special worship services, our children are instructed in the way God wants them to go.
- To build a partnership between the home and church to provide a spiritual foundation for each child.