Business & Professional
The mission of the Business and Professional Women's Federation (BPWF) is to serve God by providing service in the Local. District, Regional. State and National Women's Department in whatever capacity that may be beneficial. The BPWF is to perpetuate Church of God in Christ principles and Standards among business and professional Women. It is to encourage a non-compromising and saintly lifestyle in the business world. The Business and Professional Women are to serve as helpers one to another and present Christ to others as we perform our duties in our various businesses and professions.
The Purpose of the Business and Professional Women's Federation is to organize and unite Christian women in the business and professional fields into a meaningful and benevolent working unit, and
- To promote good fellowship and support among all industrious women whether students, in business and professional careers outside or inside the home. or even retired.
- To serve as role models and mentors for women in our church community who aspire business and professional careers by sharing expertise and providing training.
- Establish a network for exchange of business and professional opportunities and resources among C.O.G.I.C. women.
- To inspire educational pursuits and socio-economic advancement.
- To initiate, encourage and implement programs in the following areas:
- Education and Scholarship Sponsorship,
- Community Activity,
- Creative fund raising projects which exemplify the role and benefits of Business and Professional women,
- Support in the endeavors of our Jurisdictional Supervisor and other women's department leaders both financially and by performing any necessary tasks, and
- Soul Winning
- Be a faithful, dedicated and sincere woman of God working in a business and/or professional career.
- Be a woman aspiring to enter the Business and Professional field.
- Be a woman in good standing and faithfulness to local COGIC Church.
The President is appointed by the State Supervisor to serve as chairwoman of the State Auxiliary, officiate at meetings, and be ex-officio member of committees.
- Assistant President: Appointed by State Supervisor to serve in the absence of the President
All other office holders are elected by member of the State B.P.W.F. and are women from within the Jurisdiction.
- Secretary: Takes minutes at all meetings
- Correspondence Secretary: Writes letters of correspondence to members when needed and performs other correspondence as m ay be needed.
- Treasurer: Receives and banks all monies raised as well as keeps records of all finances for the auxiliary.
- Chaplain: Performs the opening and closing prayers at each meeting and various functions.
- Public Relations: Serves as business facilitator to keep organization's activities made known to the public via newspaper, T.V., radio, flyers and other means of communication.